.

You are on BIGFOOT BALLYHOO

Attention European Union Law Users: There are cookies on this blog: Blogger and Goggle maybe more. I hope this meets the need to inform users of this site.


This site is a BIGFOOT ONLINE MAGAZINE, where you can 'Talk Bigfoot.' YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOUR NAME.


HOW TO COMMENT
Below post is line that reads:
POSTED BY LINDA NEWTON-PERRY AT OO:OO (TIME) AND THEN WILL READ NO COMMENTS (OR HOW MANY COMMENTS, 1 COMMENT ETC.) CLICK ON THE COMMENTS AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

.

TRY ANOTHER BROWSER IF THE PICTURES AND TEXT ARE JUMBLED UP.


Saturday, March 3, 2012

Newspaper Column


“Nonsense,” you say, when bigfoot is mentioned in conversation. Or, you may be one of the few to say, “I know they exist, I’ve seen one.” Then again, you may know of someone you love or trust that has seen a bigfoot and so you believe.

I use none of these reasons for my interest in bigfoot. Four years ago I had to come up with a subject to write a newspaper column on. How did I settle on the subject of bigfoot?

Well, I enjoyed quipping with the editor of the local paper about bigfoot. She’d roll her eyes, shake her head, and do a great impression of pretending to feel sorry for me and my interest in bigfoot. Granted, my interest was mild and I didn’t know if I believed the animal existed or not. But, within a year of writing the column, Bigfoot: A Matter of Time, I had become convinced that these majestic animals live in our forests.

Once I concluded the beings existed, I knew that they were some species of animal and not some kind of primitive man. And why are my beliefs on this rock-solid?



Simply put, I’m a woman of faith. I’ve spent much time contemplating the Bible and studying it in depth. The result of study and prayer is that I believe God made humans and the animals. Adam was made fully-grown and, in fact, he named the animals. (If you read carefully the first few chapters of the Bible, you will see this first man had the work of studying the animals and naming them.)

Now, it is anyone’s guess as to whether bigfoot was one of the first animals created or it came about by selective breeding, brought about by living conditions and so on. For a reasoning point, I give you the example of the dog: Probably, when created there was just one or two “types” and look now at the many breeds.

And what’s more, I don’t believe Noah had on the ark the great variety of dogs we now have that man has taken great effort and time to breed. I believe the same is true of bigfoot, that is, Noah did not take onto the ark all the different apes, but just a few types.


In the end, whether correct in determination or not, science will label what species bigfoot is. Let’s remember, science believes the chimp to be the nearest human relative. Wow, what a huge gap a little difference in DNA makes. Right? ...

Linda Newton-Perry

No comments: