.

Attention European Union Law Users: There are cookies on this blog: Blogger and Goggle maybe more. I hope this meets the need to inform users of this site.


This site is a BIGFOOT ONLINE MAGAZINE, where you can 'Talk Bigfoot.' YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOUR NAME.


HOW TO COMMENT
Below post is line that reads:
POSTED BY LINDA NEWTON-PERRY AT OO:OO (TIME) AND THEN WILL READ NO COMMENTS (OR HOW MANY COMMENTS, 1 COMMENT ETC.) CLICK ON THE COMMENTS AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

.

TRY ANOTHER BROWSER IF THE PICTURES AND TEXT ARE JUMBLED UP.


Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Bigfoot Newspaper Column



When some of my friends find out that I’m a bigfoot believer, they often can’t believe it. It’s difficult for them to picture me poking around the forest with a gun strapped to my waist; after all, when they are in my company I’m usually in heels and a skirt.

I once in a while wonder how I arrived at the point of mentioning my interest in bigfoot with little or no reason. Well, I take it back. I do know. I live in Oregon and one doesn’t have to go far to enjoy the wonderful world of wild mountains and forests. One can be traveling the freeway and pass through some of the most beautiful forests on a simple shopping trip to a near city.

And for that reason conversation can easily turn to the deer one has seen along the roadway, or just missed hitting as it shot across the road in front of the vehicle they were in. It’s an easy step to mention bigfoot from there.


“But, Linda, from fashion writing to bigfoot! It’s just so hard to believe,” a friend said last week. And yes, I too am surprised to find myself a bigfoot newspaper columnist (Feb. 2012 it will be four years).

If time allows in such conversations, I often explain that when my husband, Christopher Perry, and I gave up our interest in the local newspaper, I searched for a topic to write about that would keep me involved with the paper. I was mildly interested in bigfoot and so started the column, “A Matter of Time.” At one time the column was published in three local papers. (The ownership of two of the papers changed. Neither new one cared for the subject of bigfoot and so dropped the column.)


My husband and I also write an online bigfoot magazine, Bigfoot Ballyhoo. The original idea of the magazine was to gather information for the newspaper column. Bigfoot Ballyhoo (www.bigfootballyhoo.blogspot.com) has worked beautifully for that. We enjoy publishing forest photos on the site along with news of bigfoot.


This time of year has always been slow for news of bigfoot. Many believe bigfoot comes down from the high mountains this time of year. If you journey to the forest, please do watch for it. Snap a photo if you can, and then tell us about it.

 Our address is Perry’s, P.O. Box 334, Sutherlin, Oregon. And, surprise your friends, tell them about your interest in bigfoot! Until next week, Linda Newton-Perry






No comments: