.

Attention European Union Law Users: There are cookies on this blog: Blogger and Goggle maybe more. I hope this meets the need to inform users of this site.


This site is a BIGFOOT ONLINE MAGAZINE, where you can 'Talk Bigfoot.' YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOUR NAME.


HOW TO COMMENT
Below post is line that reads:
POSTED BY LINDA NEWTON-PERRY AT OO:OO (TIME) AND THEN WILL READ NO COMMENTS (OR HOW MANY COMMENTS, 1 COMMENT ETC.) CLICK ON THE COMMENTS AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

.

TRY ANOTHER BROWSER IF THE PICTURES AND TEXT ARE JUMBLED UP.


Saturday, November 5, 2011

Newspaper Column "A Matter of Time"


So, you say to yourself, “I hate the idea of bigfoot. I hate it that an enormous, un-researched animal may actually live in the woods and forests where I often hike, hunt and expect to experience a little peace.” 

You’re not alone. I believe many people feel this way, me included.  Not that I hate the idea of bigfoot; what I hate is that those people who take care of the forests and woods do not tell us about this animal that many of their own number have seen.  I could go on and on using the word “hate.” I’ll stop. Why? Well, because I simply love the forest, its smells, and its calming balm
     
Love and hate, are indeed, a couple of the most deeply felt emotions. And, of all things, I’m talking bigfoot here. I’m applying these two potentially soul wrenching emotions to an animal that may or may not exist (in many people’s opinion. I’m not one of them. I believe in bigfoot.) 
    
Why should the existence of bigfoot matter?  There are many good reasons to confirm its existence. For one, since the animal has not been researched, studied, we don’t know how we should behave if we do encounter one. Remember, people do see these animals; our safety is at stake! Do we stare it down? Do we lower our eyes and back away? Run?  I believe, as many do, this animal should be recognized by science and scientists should get on with their research. 

Encourage science to take up the study of this animal: if nothing else, why not demand that science work at clearing up the mystery of bigfoot─prove whether it exists or not.
     
Fall is my favorite time of the year. I’m taken with the colorful leaves, the crisp coolness of the air and the wood-smoke smell of fireplaces ablaze.  In Oregon, it often rains this time of year, a lot! I immediately think, “Great, I can find bigfoot’s tracks in the mud.”  That’s true, but I can get my car stuck as well.

Soon the high mountain roads, especially off the main roads, will have snow on them. Please be careful if you “love” to drive these back roads, taking in nature (perhaps watching for bigfoot). These narrow, rain-saturated roads have been known to simply fall away, and that’s without the weight of big off-road rigs.
     
If you’ve had a sighting, do talk about it. The more we “talk bigfoot” the more commonplace it becomes. Be proud that you’ve seen one of these amazing beings. Please share.


No comments: