.

Attention European Union Law Users: There are cookies on this blog: Blogger and Goggle maybe more. I hope this meets the need to inform users of this site.


This site is a BIGFOOT ONLINE MAGAZINE, where you can 'Talk Bigfoot.' YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOUR NAME.


HOW TO COMMENT
Below post is line that reads:
POSTED BY LINDA NEWTON-PERRY AT OO:OO (TIME) AND THEN WILL READ NO COMMENTS (OR HOW MANY COMMENTS, 1 COMMENT ETC.) CLICK ON THE COMMENTS AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

.

TRY ANOTHER BROWSER IF THE PICTURES AND TEXT ARE JUMBLED UP.


Wednesday, February 3, 2016

From Our Archive Section

Number 112
TJ


I have never put down on paper or discussed my experience with anyone outside my family. My experience took place in Curry County back in the 1990s. I had become somewhat fascinated with the area above Elk River after finding traces of gold up in the headwaters. Over the years I had camped in this region several times panning gold and enjoying the pristine forest. This year I arrived in June and planned to camp till July. I was in fair shape so it was my practice to leave my vehicle and hike deep into the back country.

On these trips I would take only a sleeping bag along with a pack filled with food and pistol and purified water, a change of clothes and a first aid pack. After three days of hiking I came into a interesting area with a rock outcrop on one side with a small creek and a very steep canyon on the other filled with trees. This area had never been logged and was quite inaccessible other than on foot. I set up camp here and started to collect specimens.

On the second day I became aware someone was watching me. You get that feeling sometimes out in the wild. I didn't see anyone for several days. Then one afternoon I just happen to look  good at the soft soil next to the stream. I found two distinct footprints  very large compared to my size 12 boots. I had read about bigfoot but really had no opinion either way on its existence. I was sure this must be what left the prints. Still nothing out of the ordinary happened for over a week, just the persistent feeling of being watched. One day I decided to hike over to Mud Lake to bathe some 7 miles from my camp. Later on in the evening I headed back for camp. It was then I caught sight of someone following me up in the timberline. As I neared the camp this visitor was looking at me from behind a tree. It moved enough for me to make out what it was. It looked to be a mix of ape and human. The coat of hair was completely gray and the hair on the head was gray. It looked to be old. 


Still it had amazing agility for moving very quickly. It followed me back to camp and then disappeared. Over the next two weeks I saw it on different occasions watching me at the creek. It never came close enough to make me feel threatened. When I broke camp it followed me for over 10 miles just watching me as I left the area. Finally it stopped following and disappeared. I felt then and now it was merely curious about my presence in his habitat. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, it is impressive you remained so level- headed. Do you think you would have had a different experience if you were the opposite sex?