.

Attention European Union Law Users: There are cookies on this blog: Blogger and Goggle maybe more. I hope this meets the need to inform users of this site.


This site is a BIGFOOT ONLINE MAGAZINE, where you can 'Talk Bigfoot.' YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOUR NAME.


HOW TO COMMENT
Below post is line that reads:
POSTED BY LINDA NEWTON-PERRY AT OO:OO (TIME) AND THEN WILL READ NO COMMENTS (OR HOW MANY COMMENTS, 1 COMMENT ETC.) CLICK ON THE COMMENTS AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

.

TRY ANOTHER BROWSER IF THE PICTURES AND TEXT ARE JUMBLED UP.


Monday, January 4, 2016

From Our Archive Section

Number 97
KB

I've always been hesitant to talk about my one and only Bigfoot experience. I guess I need to start at the beginning and tell everyone that reads this story that I was an Oregon State Police (OSP) trooper for 30 years. During 18 years of that time I was active as a fish and game trooper. It was in October of 2005 when I was on patrol of the Elk River County on USFS land. It was one of my normal runs up at Butler Bar Campground to stop and talk with campers to make sure everything was OK. On this day, I was actually flagged down by a couple of hunters near the campground as they were coming down from the Iron Mountain area.

I asked them if they had any luck hunting and they said no. It was then the passenger in the truck told the driver that "We better tell him what we seen this morning." I asked them what they were referring too. It was told to me that at around 6: am they spotted a very large animal standing upright and seemingly covered with hair near the Laird Lake Campground entrance. I asked them for a general description of the person or animal because they weren't sure just what it actually was.

I took down their information and then headed up for Laird Lake which is around 7 miles from Butler Bar Campground. Laird Lake is also a USFS campground with a small lake on the southeast side of the campground. When I arrived, I noticed no campers there. Near the primitive outhouse I found some unusually large tracks in the soft dirt that looked to be human shaped but much larger than normal. I measured these footprints at 17 inches by 7 inch wide, not just one track but several very well defined footprints and a line of them heading off towards the water.


I did cast two of the footprints, a left and right print. I took photos of them and the line of prints. Something wasn't right because the prints were about 5.5 feet apart. A stride like this couldn't be made by a human. I also noticed the trash cans had been emptied out on the ground. As I pick the trash up, I noticed more prints of the same type and shape all around the cans. Again, I photographed the trash cans and prints. After picking up the trash, I began to notice a strong stench in the air.

As I turned and looked towards the lake, I saw some kind of human like animal walk behind some trees. What I mean by human like is that it walked on two legs. It was of very large build and tall and covered with black fur or hair. Its face seemed to be a mixture of human-ape. Guessing the height would be somewhere around 8+. Then it took off up the mountain faster than any human could ever walk. After just a few seconds it was out of sight.

What animal it actually was is a mystery though I believe it was a Bigfoot. Even though I believed it was a Bigfoot, I never put anything in my report naming it Bigfoot. I had already been warned in 1975 by another trooper in the field not to ever write that name BIGFOOT in a report because it would cause some unwanted action from the top brass. The prints were never identified as any known animal. The casts were sent to several different anthropologist but they couldn't match them with anything known.

No comments: