.

Attention European Union Law Users: There are cookies on this blog: Blogger and Goggle maybe more. I hope this meets the need to inform users of this site.


This site is a BIGFOOT ONLINE MAGAZINE, where you can 'Talk Bigfoot.' YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOUR NAME.


HOW TO COMMENT
Below post is line that reads:
POSTED BY LINDA NEWTON-PERRY AT OO:OO (TIME) AND THEN WILL READ NO COMMENTS (OR HOW MANY COMMENTS, 1 COMMENT ETC.) CLICK ON THE COMMENTS AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

.

TRY ANOTHER BROWSER IF THE PICTURES AND TEXT ARE JUMBLED UP.


Wednesday, December 16, 2015

From Our Archive Section

Number 84
DS and KS
Submitted Sept. 15, 2013

Our sighting began on a hiking trip on Snout Creek in November 1980. Snout Creek is now called Bear Camp Road #23 and is over in southwestern Oregon near the tiny village of Agness.

I had just returned from a tour of duty in Germany. I was born in Northern California in 1952. My wife was a naturalist for the forest service in California and born in 1961. We had went up to Oregon to a friends wedding at Gold Beach and planned to stay for a week camping along the Rogue River.

On this morning we decided to hike up a narrow steep trail from Snout Creek to Shasta Costa Creek some four miles south. Packed with plenty of food and water we started up the old trail at daylight. We had walked somewhere around 2 miles when the trouble began. At 7:30 am my wife complained of a feeling someone was watching us.

I looked around and found nobody near. Then when a very faint sound of something in the brush just off the trail and to our right became louder I began to notice a smell of what I thought was a dead animal. My wife said to me "Something's not right here."

We walked on watching back down the trail and to our sides. The sound of branches snapping got louder and closer. I told her we can't turn back because whatever it was had to be behind us and off the trail. We walked slowly on up to a large rock right beside the trail where we stood for some time.

I had my pistol in hand and thought this would be the best place to defend ourselves. Suddenly a dark, hair-covered manlike creature walking on two legs slowly walked out onto the trail some thirty feet behind us.

It looked at us with its large dark eyes for what seemed to be several minutes. My wife was completely in full panic mode and I wasn't much better. Even though I've been trained for dangerous situations the very sight of the giant creature had fear overtaking me. I didn't know if the creature would attack or retreat.

I shouted if you come any closer I'll shoot. The creature didn't respond and said nothing. After looking at us for what seemed like minutes it walked on across the trail and down a very steep incline. 

Soon the feeling of fear lifted and we carefully went back down the trail and back to camp. We went to the Cougar Lane Store and reported the sighting by phone to the police. The lady on the phone took the report and told us that one of the patrols would stop by our camp later that day. When he arrived he asked me about the creature.

When I told him the estimated height and build he smiled and said OK. I know when a person is scared things get bigger than they really are but I'm telling you this creature was over nine feet tall and near one thousand pounds.

No comments: