.

Attention European Union Law Users: There are cookies on this blog: Blogger and Goggle maybe more. I hope this meets the need to inform users of this site.


This site is a BIGFOOT ONLINE MAGAZINE, where you can 'Talk Bigfoot.' YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOUR NAME.


HOW TO COMMENT
Below post is line that reads:
POSTED BY LINDA NEWTON-PERRY AT OO:OO (TIME) AND THEN WILL READ NO COMMENTS (OR HOW MANY COMMENTS, 1 COMMENT ETC.) CLICK ON THE COMMENTS AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

.

TRY ANOTHER BROWSER IF THE PICTURES AND TEXT ARE JUMBLED UP.


Tuesday, December 1, 2015

From Our Archive Section

Number 75 Archive Section
Clackamas River, Oregon

May 2013 sent to Ballyhoo
Ken Bowlsby 44 years in the past


It was Memorial weekend 1969 and we were camping on the Clackamas River at the east end of North Fork Res. I was only 9 at the time when this encounter took place.
 
By this short time in my life, I had seen almost every critter that roams the beautiful Pacific North West. That is but one─the Sasquatch! I had never heard of such a thing.

On that early Saturday morning, I would see something that would stick with me for the rest of my life─like it just happened yesterday. So here's how the story goes.

We were camping like we always did, when we found time to get to  the hills. And as usual I was off checking to see if there was anyone to play with in camp.  There was and so it was time to go exploring, which is always more fun when you have someone with you. I always liked that campground.

 Off we went, hiking the trails and checking out the creek, and down to the river where this old dock was. Now, this was a great place to fish bobbers and worms. And I had a plan: we'd get up early and go down there and catch us some nice big trout for breakfast.

Dawn the next morning we headed down to the river to catch us some breakfast. On the trail it was still dark in the forest.  We made it to the dock and started fishing when all of a sudden there was this large splash in the water about 35-40 yards down stream from us. 

As I watched this head pops up and starts moving across the river. At first I thought it was a bear because I didn't see any arm or legs. 

“But wait,” I thought to myself, “it has no snout! If that's a man, he must be crazy since the water's freezing.” He made it to the other side and climbed up the bank. That's when I realized “it” was not a man or a bear.

It stood up. I thought, “OMG that's the biggest and hairiest
manlike thing I've ever seen." This is when the boy that was with me freaked.  He screamed, dropped his pole and ran for camp.

This of course got the attention of the creature that I was now staring at. I wondered what it was. And it was now staring at me. After what seemed like an hour, but was only a minute, it turned away and walked into the forest.

I can still remember just standing there for probably the next five minutes trying to process in my little brain what had just happened. I then gathered up our gear and walked back to camp.

And of course, no one believes young boys who tell crazy stories about giant apelike men that swims in the river.  Like all good parents they tried to tell me that it must have been a large black bear. The only thing is─they knew that I had seen plenty of black bears by this time. So I just went along and didn't speak of it again. That is until the PG film.

The Sasquatch I saw that day was a male; I would have
to say it was around 5-9 ft tall and 450-500 lbs. It was a young
 adult but built like a bodybuilder. His hair was black and his face very light-gray with a thin beard.

His eyes were very dark looking from the distance I was at. All's I can say about his nose was it kind of looked like a boxer’s (fighter not dog), but the thing that I remembered most was the feeling I had: and that was that I had nothing to fear from him. And that is something I will never forget.

Sat. May 25, 2013 marks the 44th anniversary of this encounter/event in my life. I hope you enjoyed reading this and thank you for your support.
 Ken Bowlsby

No comments: