.

Attention European Union Law Users: There are cookies on this blog: Blogger and Goggle maybe more. I hope this meets the need to inform users of this site.


This site is a BIGFOOT ONLINE MAGAZINE, where you can 'Talk Bigfoot.' YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOUR NAME.


HOW TO COMMENT
Below post is line that reads:
POSTED BY LINDA NEWTON-PERRY AT OO:OO (TIME) AND THEN WILL READ NO COMMENTS (OR HOW MANY COMMENTS, 1 COMMENT ETC.) CLICK ON THE COMMENTS AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

.

TRY ANOTHER BROWSER IF THE PICTURES AND TEXT ARE JUMBLED UP.


Thursday, June 14, 2012

Newspaper Column, "Bigfoot: A Matter of Time"


I’ll be gone for a few days, so I’m writing the column early this week. I usually write it on Saturday. Generally, by Saturday of each week, I’ve collected enough information to write my column. I feel I’m lacking in that collection this week, but I’ll soldier on.

I did get an interesting comment on Ballyhoo from a reader in the area of Alpine, Oregon that I can expound on. The comment was also an invitation to visit the area. We thank you for that invitation and we will, perhaps, take you up on it at a later time. Alpine, Oregon, in case you would like to know, is about half way between Corvallis and Eugene. To the west is BLM old growth timber, so bigfoot has much room to roam.


The comment concerning the Alpine area, in part, made it very clear that these huge animals are not to be trusted. They are, after all, animals, wild animals at that. The writer mentioned he hummed when in the woods. He felt that this possibly soothed the animal. It would certainly alert the animal to hide.

I’ve often laughed very loud while on a hiking trail. My idea was to alert the animal and to wake it from sleep so that I could get a peek at him. So far, cackling crazily has not helped. I’ve never seen a bigfoot, but who knows, perhaps it has kept me from coming face-to-face with one.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I would love to see a bigfoot, but not have a close encounter. I know, I sound picky in my bigfoot encounter list, but they scare me. I think they should scare hikers and forest users.


On Cliff Barackman’s blog (www.northamericanbigfoot.com), he posted an article about an Indiana woman’s ongoing encounter with bigfoot. The woman’s children complained of a big hairy man that looked at them through their bedroom window. She did finally see one of the animals when she went outside, after hearing a noise in the dark. There have been many reports of repeated visits by these animals on the various websites of the Internet.


I read somewhere that people in the Northwest talk freely about bigfoot, where as in other parts of the US, not so much. It seems to me, the more people talk about bigfoot the sooner the laughter will stop at the mere mention of it. I find nothing about bigfoot funny! Until next week, Linda Newton-Perry






No comments: